The update is installed automatically, but is rolled out “in waves”. In other words, if you haven’t received the Windows Anniversary Update yet, it’s nothing strange.
However, there is an easy way to get the update faster than others, and that is to force it. How to use.
1. Click on Startbutton at the bottom left and select Settings.
2. Go to Update and security and choose Windows Update.
3. Click on search for updates. Now the system starts checking for updates.
4. Hopefully Windows Update will now start downloading something called a Feature update.
5. When the file download is complete, the installation will begin automatically. It can take quite a while, but you don’t have to do anything. Once the installation is complete, however, you must restart your computer.
Windows Update not finding the Anniversary Update? In that case, just try again a little later. You may not be able to force an update immediately.
You can also browse to Microsoft’s support page and click Get the Anniversary Update now. You then download an installation file that you run from the hard drive.